Do you ever find yourself ready to pull you hair out even before you leave the house in the morning? What about after school, picking up kids, preparing meals on the fly in order to get one kid to soccer and the other to dance, chaos anyone? Does this sound like you?
I am happily married, work full time and have 3 children who play rep sports so life is super busy and there never seems to be enough hours in the day. I recently discovered Balanced Planets Venus Calm powder. Packed with super foods that regulate hormones and help to reduce stress – this product is amazing! It also has PGX in it which is a unique complex of water soluble plant fibers that help to stabilize blood sugar levels and help you feel full longer.
I take a scoop of this powder in almond milk as my afternoon snack and I find not only am I satisfied until dinner but I also find that I am much calmer and better able to deal with our busy nights with the kids. My quality of sleep has improved too!
When I read up on the ingredients of this great product I was surprised at all the punch that’s packed into one small scoop:
- GojiRich (Goji berries) – these berries help to stabilize blood sugar and are also a great source of vitamin C. Goji berries also increase our ability to let in light – Let the sunshine in!!!!
- PGX – also helps stabilize blood sugar and also help you to feel fuller longer – I honestly think this is what prevents me from reaching for the chips while I make dinner!!!
- AcaiRich (acai berries) – known to increase energy and metabolism much like caffeine without the buzz. These berries also lower stress levels and also act as a diuretic – No wonder I have started running after work!
- Taurine – an amino acid that helps the brain to sustain dopamine levels (which is a feel good pleasure hormone)
- Glycine – Aids the body in maintaining blood sugar levels and also enhances the effects of GABA which has a very calming effect on the brain
- Cacao – Rich in magnesium and an excellent source of iron. Cacao also contains a variety of nutrients that uplift mood and assist us in coping with stress
- L-Theanine – Known for its calming effects on the brain, theanine activates GABA which is calming as well as dopamine which is excitatory. So Theanine actually calms us down without sedation
- Apple Pectin Powder – can aid in constipation, slows the rate in which your body absorbs sugars and has cholersterol lowering properties. Apple pectin may also help in the prevention of certain cancers
- MacaRich (Maca) – A root grown at high altitudes in Peru, this superfood helps regulate hormones, enhance libido and is also helps lower stress level
- GABA – similar to theanine, GABA relaxes and calms the brain
- 5 HTP – an amino acid that converts to serotonin which is a feel good brain chemical which allows us to feel less stressed
So ladies, if you feel overwhelmed and like you’re running on empty, I highly recommend giving this product a try. It is has helped me tremendously. There is also a version for men called Mars Revive. Both are available in powder or capsule form and can be purchased at your local health food store.