I only had a bag of dehydrated black beans. I set them out to soak overnight, then cooked them up in the morning. To cook them I rinsed them a bunch, then boiled them, then simmered them for about an hour. I am sure you can just used canned black beans. Just make sure you rinse them. I need you to know that I totally wing all that I make. These turned out pretty darn good though. My friend had about 7. He hasn’t written his review yet, but he did eat 7 of them.
- 1 cup of black beans
- 1/3 cup of raw cacao (I am sure you can use regular coco)
- 1/2 avocado (avocado tastes delicious in desserts, and I love the texture)
- pinch of himalayan pink salt (or sea salt, or whatever healthy salt)
- smidge of raw sugar (or any healthy sweetener)
- 1/4 cup of almond milk (or soy milk)
- 2 Table spoons coconut butter.
- 2 Flax Eggs (2 table spoons flax to 4 table spoons water)
- I blended the black beans in a blender with the almond milk, till they were as pureed as they will get it a blender.
- I added the rest of the ingredients and continued to puree it all.
- Greased a pan with coconut oil, and poured the brownie mush into the pan. The brownie mush was not runny, it was pretty thick, the consistency of icing.
- Then I baked it at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. The top was almost black but the inside was gooey. Then I let it sit out.
The texture is my favourite part. They were dense and fudgey on the inside. Definitely worth a shot. They just might help your chocolate fix, without any guilt… all enjoyment.
Brought to you by: Westcoastyogi.wordpress.com